Duration: 6 months / with potential for extension / full time
Location: Glenn Burnie, MD
- Project Manager for IT Engineering and Software Implementation projects
- Manage client facing network and systems engineering projects ranging from fiber optic network design/upgrades, wireless design/installs, VOIP (Unified Communications), cyber security, Microsoft Exchange/AD projects, and Video Software Implementation projects.
- Work with functional managers for resource allocation and coordinate internal IT engineers and Product Operations and Delivery teams to deliver projects
- Follow Project Management standards from PMO
- Document all project artifacts in systems.
- Gather and document client requirements
- Set up the project in enterprise systems.
- Create project charter
- Lead Project Kick-off and ongoing Meetings
- Develop work breakdown structures, schedules, major milestone roadmaps, communication plans, test plans, change control plans, and overall project plans
- Perform day-to-day management of assigned projects, identify issues and risks and escalate quickly to management when help needed
- Responsible for ensuring that work performed is within scope, consistent with requirements, and delivered on time and on budget
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders
- Manage creation, signing, and documentation of any necessary Change Orders to approved scope. This includes updating current systems and capturing client approvals
- Develop and deliver status reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
- Perform project close out and lessons learned activities
- Account Management / Business Development Support
- Pre-Sales Support
- Assist with Proposal/RFPs were assigned
- Support account if no account manager assigned
- Internal Project and Task Management and PMO Support
- Maintain project status information in PMIS system
- Internal PMO support
- Help drive change to internal processes to improve project delivery
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4+ years in IT Project Management
- PMP or some formal Project Management training preferred
Founded in 1996 in Indianapolis, IN, The Consultants Consortium (TCC) is an innovative solutions provider committed to designing and delivering high-value, cost-effective IT consulting services and application technology solutions for both the private and public sectors. With a team of more than 250 IT and business professionals, TCC serves clients nationwide, from state and federal government agencies to commercial sector customers. TCC is committed to providing the most cutting edge solutions, and with that, ensures they stay up-to-date on crucial certifications and affiliations. Among these are the highly accredited Microsoft Certifications.
At TCC, we know that having a strong company culture is paramount in sustaining the success and stability of the company, especially within the information technology industry. That’s why we place our focus on the people who make our success possible: our employees, partners and clients. We strive to create an environment that preserves and fosters growth while still promoting the DNA of our company.
Our core values:
• Building strong, reliable relationships with our employees, our partners and our clients
• Upholding integrity, honesty and respect
• Supporting our local community
• Encouraging continued education and development
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.