Duration: Long term contract
Location: Glen Burnie, MD
Job Responsibilities – What to Expect:
• Diligently assist in protecting information that is generated, stored, and transmitted
electronically for our clients’ constituents.
• Effectively assesses security risks and threats to information systems and assists with
implementing information security programs.
• Proactively assists with developing, administering, and coordinating programs and
procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory policies.
• Plans, designs, implements, and monitors security measures, policies, methods, and
procedures to safeguard the integrity of and access to enterprise systems, files, and
• Proactively takes action to correct and prevent security violations.
• Maintains knowledge of changing data security technologies and provides
recommendations for the adaptation of new data security technologies or policies.
• Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing data security policies and
procedures require change, and/or where new policies or procedures need to be
developed, specifically in areas impacted by or enabling future business/solution
• Performs security audits, risk assessments, and analysis to provide Skyline and Client
management teams with risk assessment summaries and security briefings to advise
them of critical issues that may affect customer or “corporate” security objectives.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge & Expertise:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related
field or equivalent work experience.
• At least 4 years of experience in data security required.
• CompTIA Security+ or equivalent certification required.
• Demonstrable knowledge and experience in applications (we want you to know
about and have hands-on experience):
o Computer networking concepts and protocols, and network security
o Cybersecurity, privacy principles, cyber threats, and vulnerabilities, and
how to use network analysis tools to identify vulnerabilities.
o Risk management processes (e.g., methods for assessing and mitigating
risk) and vulnerability information dissemination sources (e.g., alerts,
advisories, errata, and bulletins).
• Proven ability to:
o Apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements
including confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, and nonrepudiation.
o Assess security controls based on cybersecurity principles and tenets.
(e.g., CIS CSC, NIST SP 800-53, Cybersecurity Framework, etc.).
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Our client is a state agency and therefore we have some additional requirements
directly from them. Candidates must understand the following:
• Candidates must be able to verify U.S. Citizenship or Green-card holder.
o H1B or other visas are not eligible.
• Pre-employment drug test is required.
• Pre-employment background check will be run, and in addition, once hired
there will be an FBI Fingerprinting and background check as part of the security
process for access into government systems.
Founded in 1996 in Indianapolis, IN, The Consultants Consortium (TCC) is an innovative solutions provider committed to designing and delivering high-value, cost-effective IT consulting services and application technology solutions for both the private and public sectors. With a team of more than 250 IT and business professionals, TCC serves clients nationwide, from state and federal government agencies to commercial sector customers. TCC is committed to providing the most cutting edge solutions, and with that, ensures they stay up-to-date on crucial certifications and affiliations. Among these are the highly accredited Microsoft Certifications.
At TCC, we know that having a strong company culture is paramount in sustaining the success and stability of the company, especially within the information technology industry. That’s why we place our focus on the people who make our success possible: our employees, partners and clients. We strive to create an environment that preserves and fosters growth while still promoting the DNA of our company.
Our core values:
• Building strong, reliable relationships with our employees, our partners and our clients
• Upholding integrity, honesty and respect
• Supporting our local community
• Encouraging continued education and development
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.