Location: Crownsville, MD (Hybrid-2 days in Crownsville office required)
Our New Teammate
We’re looking for a Senior IT Project Manager to support a portfolio of projects. Projects cover various groups of customer stakeholders and differing client technical teams.
Our ideal candidate has IT project management experience under their belt! Maybe you have experience as a program manager, and you can definitely lead a successful and efficient team. You run a tight ship, have strong communication and leadership skills, and can navigate the different groups of stakeholders and technical leads as well as keep track of critical paths and risks on various projects. To be successful, our Project Manager must be able to develop project plans for new initiatives and thrive working on a variety of projects where the personnel and challenges change with each new effort.
Job Responsibilities What to Expect
- Diligently manages various IT projects while also serving as a team lead who oversees 6 or 7 project managers and ensures projects are progressing and can identify and discuss project risks, how to navigate them, and any potential solutions.
- Confidently manage client-facing network and systems engineering projects ranging from MITDP, fiber-optic network design/upgrades, wireless design/installs, VOIP (Unified Communications), Cybersecurity, Microsoft Exchange/AD, to Identity/Access Management projects.
- Effectively manages all aspects of the project, including cost-benefit analysis, work plans, functional and technical designs, construction, testing, and implementation, and documents all project artifacts into the client systems.
- Timely develops and maintains work breakdown structures, schedules, major milestone roadmaps, communication plans, test plans, change control plans, and overall project plans.
- Collaborates with various program and functional managers to identify appropriate solutions, properly allocate resources, and coordinate both internal IT engineers as well as Client Service Delivery teams to deliver project deliverables and ensure they are easily and quickly integrated into the client’s business environment.
- Collaborates with all necessary departments and team members to ensure project budgets are properly estimated and controlled and develops controls and measurements to monitor progress.
- Proactively identifies risks and risk mitigation strategies and contingency plans for all identified Risks while maintaining the Program Level issue and risk matrix log.
- Effectively implements established policies, system monitors, and controls to ensure all program initiatives are successfully managed and reported.
- Routinely provides both verbal and written communications regarding project status, risks, and issues and makes recommendations for project decisions.
- Eagerly provide internal Project Management support as requested or required.
Knowledge & Expertise
- B.S. degree required.
- 5+ years of IT and business experience in strategic planning, development, implementation, and system maintenance, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms.
- 3+ years of experience with progressive broad-based information systems Project Management (which could include consulting) combined with state-of-the-art hardware and software systems is desired.
- Experience working with MITDP projects, preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and implementation experience in new computing architectures and networked computing structures.
- Previous technical project management experience in a dynamic environment
- Current Project Management Institute (PMI) Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and current PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) or equivalent preferred.
- Experience serving as a subject matter expert who provides technical and analytical guidance to the program and project teams.
- Experience managing and directing multiple media to large-scale projects that may not fit into a defined Program.
- Ability to translate generalized customer business goals and objectives into concrete strategy and tactical plans.
- Ability to evaluate complex situations accurately and identify viable solutions that create successful outcomes.
Our Client is a state agency, and therefore we have some additional requirements directly from them. Candidates must understand the following:
- This is a hybrid role. The candidate is expected to work in person at the Crownsville office at least 2 days per week.
- Additional travel to customer sites may be required.
- Candidates must be able to verify U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Green Cardholder.
- H1B or other visas are not eligible.
- Pre-employment drug test is required.
- Pre-employment background check will be run, and in addition, once hired, there will be an FBI Fingerprinting and background check as part of the security process for access into government systems.
At TCC, we know that having a strong company culture is paramount in sustaining the success and stability of the company, especially within the information technology industry. That’s why we place our focus on the people who make our success possible: our employees, partners and clients. We strive to create an environment that preserves and fosters growth while still promoting the DNA of our company.
Our core values:
• Building strong, reliable relationships with our employees, our partners and our clients
• Upholding integrity, honesty and respect
• Supporting our local community
• Encouraging continued education and development
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.