Posted by Kelly Grant, Senior IT Recruiter
Tech companies want employees with the latest knowledge and skills, and IT certifications demonstrate a person’s mastery of an IT technology or practice. Certifications also show a dedication to the profession and a desire to stay up-to-date on the latest innovations.
I read an article by Robert Half about the most valuable IT certifications in today’s tech job market. https://www.roberthalf.com/blog/salaries-and-skills/which-it-certifications-are-most-valuable
Certifications from ISACA, a professional organization devoted to IT security and governance, enhance professional credibility and confirms to employers that a candidate possesses the knowledge and experience to meet the challenges posed by increasing cybersecurity threats.
The article cites the following global certification programs as most valuable:
- “Certified Information Systems Auditor: According to the ISACA, the CISA is its cornerstone certification. As the name indicates, this exam is aimed at information systems (IS) professionals who monitor, control and assess a company’s IT or business systems. This certificate requires five years of professional experience in the field.”
- “Certified Information Security Manager: The leading credential for information security managers, the CISM certification is designed for people who design, build and manage information security programs. To qualify, you must have at least five years of IS experience and three years as a security manager.”
- “Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control: The CRISC (pronounced SEE-risk) accredits professionals and project managers responsible for information security and its overall impact on the enterprise. It covers risk identification, risk assessment, risk response and mitigation, and risk control monitoring and reporting.”
- “Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT: The CGEIT demonstrates your understanding of enterprise IT governance principles and practices. It is one of the most sought-after certifications in IT, commanding some of the highest salaries.”
- “Cybersecurity Nexus: In a time of constantly evolving cybersecurity threats, the CSX certification demonstrates that you are up-to-date on the most current security standards and risks.”
The article also notes the following certifications for security are valuable in today’s market:
- “Certified Ethical Hacker: EC-Council offers several certification programs, and one of the most popular ones is the CEH. Holders of this specialize in penetration testing, which is why this IT certificate is often a prerequisite for positions like cyber forensics analyst, cybersecurity engineer and applications developer.”
- “Certified Information Systems Security Professional: This is one of the most sought-after certifications in cybersecurity. Designed for experienced IT professionals, CISSP holders understand vulnerabilities in networked systems and create policies to safeguard systems and minimize risk.”
- “Global Information Assurance Certifications: All about information security, the GIACs come in several categories: cyber defense; penetration testing; incident response and forensics; cybersecurity management, audit and legal proficiencies; developer; and industrial control systems. The highest level is the GIAC Security Expert (GSE).”
Some companies, including TCC, pay for professional development for employees, which makes earning a certification affordable, and a great way to expand your skill set, pave the way for advancement, and stand out from the crowd when looking for a new position.
To learn more about TCC please visit our website https://www.e-tcc.com/who-we-are.