Posted by Stephen Palamara, TCC Director of Business Development
It has happened to everyone – your cell phone rings once and when you answer, the line is dead. Annoying – yes, but also a potential scam.
A new phone scam has appeared and involves your phone ringing only once. If you call the number back, you will incur an international call charge from your cell phone carrier. Scammers are being very tricky and will use international numbers from regions that also begin with three-digit codes, such as in the Caribbean.
An article posted on Kim Komando’s website has the details: https://www.komando.com/happening-now/564692/new-phone-scam-targets-consumers-in-the-middle-of-the-night.
According to the article, the FCC suggests you follow this advice to avoid scammers.
- “Don’t answer or return any calls from numbers you don’t recognize.”
- “Before calling unfamiliar numbers, check to see if the area code is international.”
- “If you do not make international calls, ask your phone company to block outgoing international calls on your line.”
- “Always be cautious, even if a number appears authentic.”
What should you do if you are billed for a call you made as a result of the scam? The article has this advice for consumers:
- Call your mobile phone carrier’s consumer help line to resolve the matter
- If you can’t resolve it with your carrier, you can file a complaint with the FCC
- If you feel you are the victim of an international phone scam, you can file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission
To learn more about TCC’s Security Services please visit our website https://www.e-tcc.com/security-services.
Posted by Steve Fey, TCC Director of Sales and Marketing
Last week, the City of Indianapolis, Office of Minority and Women Business Development (OMWBD) approved TCC as a certified minority business enterprise (MBE).
Certification will provide TCC with many business development benefits. The Office of Minority and Women Business Development is committed to serving businesses owned by minorities, women, veterans, and people with ADA disabilities. The agency helps businesses access contract opportunities from the city, county, municipal, and privately funded projects in Central Indiana.
We anticipate this certification will provide TCC with a competitive advantage as we market our products and services to the City of Indianapolis.
To learn more about TCC please visit our website https://www.e-tcc.com/who-we-are.
Posted by Kelly Grant, TCC Senior Technical Recruiter
The DevOps Test Engineer is accountable for the design, development, and maintenance of automated testing software projects and managing and directing automated software testing initiatives.
- Research and recommend automated testing tools and products
- Implement automated testing for new software products and product improvements.
- Develop documentation for test systems operations
- Provide training to ensure proper implementation and use of automated testing systems.
- Participate in new product development activities and related testing systems
- Responsible for the development of the global functional testing strategies
- Assist with coordination and directing documentation and testing personnel
- Consistently meet time lines and maintain awareness of schedules
- Interpret business technical and functional requirements and design solutions to meet those requirements
- Work effectively in a team environment and balance individually assigned work
- Perform modifications to complex, multi-user systems
- Oversee unit testing and develop fixes
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or a comparable degree or equivalent work/school experience.
- 6+ years’ experience participating in collaborative development environment
- Experience and expertise using Functional Testing and Defect Management tools
- Experience in automation test development in a business environment
- Experience in implementing either Selenium or .Net Test Manager
- Experience implementing test tools with Visual Studio
- Experience with embedded browser debuggers within IE, Chrome and Firefox
- Proficiency in C#.Net
- Good understanding of Service Oriented Architecture, including RESTful APIs, SOAP, XML or JSON
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
• Employer-funded Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
• Company sponsored 401k
• Paid Time Off
Founded in 1996 in Indianapolis, IN, The Consultants Consortium (TCC) is an innovative solutions provider committed to designing and delivering high-value, cost-effective IT consulting services and application technology solutions for both the private and public sectors. With a team of more than 250 IT and business professionals, TCC serves clients nationwide, from state and federal government agencies to commercial sector customers. TCC is committed to providing the most cutting edge solutions, and with that, ensures they stay up-to-date on crucial certifications and affiliations. Among these are the highly accredited Microsoft Certifications.
At TCC, we know that having a strong company culture is paramount in sustaining the success and stability of the company, especially within the information technology industry. That’s why we place our focus on the people who make our success possible: our employees, partners and clients. We strive to create an environment that preserves and fosters growth while still promoting the DNA of our company.
Our core values:
• Building strong, reliable relationships with our employees, our partners and our clients
• Upholding integrity, honesty and respect
• Supporting our local community
• Encouraging continued education and development
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process
please contact Human Resources at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans. To apply for this position please visit our website https://www.e-tcc.com/open-positions