Type: Full Time
Location: Baltimore, MD
The idea candidate will analyze how well software, hardware, and IT systems fit both internal business needs and those of our clients. Candidate will take part of the lifecycle, whether its writing requirements for new systems, implementing those requirements, or monitoring their effectiveness and brainstorming improvements and adjustments.
- Diligently perform design, functionality, categorization, and inventory analyses of IT systems at an enterprise, line of business, and service team level.
- Confidently provide technical and administrative direction for personnel performing software development tasks, including reviewing work products for correctness, adherence to the design concept and user standards, and ensuring its progress is in accordance with the schedule.
- Routinely prepare narrative reports, spreadsheets, milestone status reports, and/or visual presentations of analyses for audiences at the executive, management, subject matter expert, and staff levels.
- Collaborate with the Program Manager to ensure problem solutions and user satisfaction.
- Makes recommendations, if needed, for approval of major systems installations and provides daily supervision and direction to support staff.
Knowledge & Expertise:
- B.S. Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline or 3 years of equivalent experience in a related field.
- Master’s Degree is preferred.
- 8+ years of experience working independently or under general direction on complex application problems involving all phases of systems analysis.
- 5+ years of experience analyzing and designing business applications for large-scale or mid-tier computer systems or LAN-based systems, including Database Management Systems and programming languages.
- Demonstrable knowledge of current storage and retrieval methods.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate specifications for computer programmers to use in coding, testing, and debugging of computer programs.
- Demonstrable understanding of common modeling and analysis techniques (e.g., use cases using UML and workflows using BPMN), as well as system interface diagrams, application interface specifications, web application design characteristics, mainframe design characteristics, virtualization, convergence, and data storage system design characteristics.
- Experienced with office automation applications that are part of Google Suite as well as Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Visio.
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision and able to deliver products on an accelerated basis when required.
- Familiar with Agile project methods.
- Candidates must be able to verify U.S. Citizenship. U.S. Green Cardholder, H1B, or other visas are not eligible.
- Pre-employment drug test is required.
- Pre-employment background check is required.
At TCC, we know that having a strong company culture is paramount in sustaining the success and stability of the company, especially within the information technology industry. That’s why we place our focus on the people who make our success possible: our employees, partners and clients. We strive to create an environment that preserves and fosters growth while still promoting the DNA of our company.
Our core values:
• Building strong, reliable relationships with our employees, our partners and our clients
• Upholding integrity, honesty and respect
• Supporting our local community
• Encouraging continued education and development
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.