Duration: At least 12 months
Location: Providence, RI
Seeking a Vaccine Demand Strategist. The purpose of this role is to lead, develop, and implement its vaccine confidence strategies.
This is a completely remote position. Candidate must be able to provide support a minimum of 35 hours a week minimum, with ability to work off-hour shifts, weekends, and holidays as needed to support the response requirements.
- Lead strategy development and implementation for communications, social listening, partnerships, and community outreach needed to build demand for and confidence in COVID-19 and other routine vaccines
- Work with health departments and public health colleagues to plan, research, develop, implement, and evaluate programs and strategies to increase vaccine confidence and demand
- Support community partners and stakeholders to amplify vaccine confidence and demand activities
- Support the community’s and nation’s ongoing COVID-19 response and routine immunization program.
- Partner with subject-matter experts, external vendors, and/or academic partners to conduct qualitative/quantitative data collection related to building vaccine confidence
- Serve as a vaccine and digital information resilience specialist and support ongoing digital vaccine confidence communication strategies
- Provide expertise to address and mitigate the spread and harm of misinformation.
- Develop and distribute regular vaccine insights reports based on social listening and media monitoring
- Set up sustainable systems for vaccine confidence building activities
- With support and technical assistance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), coordinate with other specialists across the country and with national vaccine confidence efforts
- Develop, review, and tailor public health messages and materials for targeted audiences, including applying best practices to reach people with different levels of health literacy, digital literacy, and science literacy
- Coordinate design and production of vaccine confidence-building materials, working with subject-matter experts, internal graphic design and production team members, and external vendors
- Develop, implement, and evaluate vaccine confidence-building projects and campaigns
- Assist in development of paid and earned media activities
- Ensure that messages and materials adhere to agency communications policies and standards for branding, graphics, style, Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) Standards, and accessibility
- Attend and provide support for community-based meetings and events
- Collaborate with and provide technical assistance to community partners in the development and implementation of vaccine confidence building strategies
- Assist with crisis and emergency risk communication in the event of a public health emergency response
- Complete related duties as assigned
Due to the nature of this work, the selected candidate must have sufficient education, training, and experience to demonstrate the possession and direct application of the following knowledge and abilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of program planning and development, health communications, social marketing, health literacy, design, community engagement, and public relations principles, practices, and techniques
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including writing in plain language
- Ability to evaluate the health beliefs, attitudes, and perceptions of specific audiences, including their needs for information about vaccines
- Ability to evaluate existing programs/campaigns and to develop plans for their expansion, modification, or elimination
- Strong verbal communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of public health and health equity
- Experience writing and developing communications materials, presentations, and written reports tailored to specific and non-technical audiences
- A thorough knowledge of social media principles, practices, and techniques, and the ability to apply such knowledge to write effective social media content and assist with monitoring agency social media accounts
- Ability to research, develop, implement, and evaluate evidence-based public health communication and/or social marketing campaigns
- Ability to work independently to manage multiple projects and deadlines, with attention to detail
- Initiative to launch, complete, and report out on long-term projects and to independently take projects from concept to completion
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, associates, public groups, private and public agencies, and community partners and members from diverse backgrounds
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office products and related capacities and abilities
Education and Experience:
- Possession of a master’s degree in public health, communications/public relations, public administration, one of the social sciences, or related field.
- Employment in a responsible position involving program/campaign development in the field of public health, or a related field.
- Or any combination of education and experience that shall be substantially equivalent to the above education and experience.
Founded in 1996 in Indianapolis, IN, The Consultants Consortium (TCC) is an innovative solutions provider committed to designing and delivering high-value, cost-effective IT consulting services and application technology solutions for both the private and public sectors. With a team of more than 250 IT and business professionals, TCC serves clients nationwide, from state and federal government agencies to commercial sector customers. TCC is committed to providing the most cutting edge solutions, and with that, ensures they stay up-to-date on crucial certifications and affiliations. Among these are the highly accredited Microsoft Certifications.
At TCC, we know that having a strong company culture is paramount in sustaining the success and stability of the company, especially within the information technology industry. That’s why we place our focus on the people who make our success possible: our employees, partners and clients. We strive to create an environment that preserves and fosters growth while still promoting the DNA of our company.
Our core values:
• Building strong, reliable relationships with our employees, our partners and our clients
• Upholding integrity, honesty and respect
• Supporting our local community
• Encouraging continued education and development
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.