Duration: At least 6 months
Location: Providence, RI
Seeking a Salesforce Portal Support Specialist to support a state’s COVID-19 Unit emergency response and recovery activities. The purpose of this classification is to assist with various activities related to the IHE and K12 Salesforce portals within the Epidemiological Operations (Epi-Ops) Unit.
This is a hybrid position, and the candidate must be able to provide support a minimum of 35 hours a week minimum, with ability to work off-hour shifts, weekends, and holidays as needed to support COVID-19 Unit response requirements.
Responsibilities and Essential job functions include:
- Requesting new user account creation and account resets for IHE and K12 Salesforce portals.
- Providing initial training materials and hosting one-on-one training info session with new users
- Updating training materials as needed
- Troubleshooting account issues and escalating to Salesforce development team as needed
- Requesting user portal enhancements based on feedback from users and/or other requirements for use
- Support training of new database users
- Other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
Due to the nature of this work, the selected candidate must have sufficient education, training, and experience to demonstrate the possession and direct application of the following knowledge and abilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of information systems and user portals, preferably infectious disease surveillance systems
- Ability to gather/create/capture requirements for additions or changes to the application that are prioritized with RIDOH leadership
- Ability to summarize the needed changes by creating “user stories” or describing the needs of the team in a standardized format.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to multitask.
- Knowledge of applications (e.g., Microsoft Office, Salesforce, and related software)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Change Management experience with a SaaS application using agile approach
Attributes for Success:
Ability to be flexible and to periodically work after hours and/or on the weekend. May be required to do rotations for on-call during weekends and evenings, as well as holidays, and to rotate through different shifts to fulfill a 24-hour, 7-day week schedule, should the need arise.
Founded in 1996 in Indianapolis, IN, The Consultants Consortium (TCC) is an innovative solutions provider committed to designing and delivering high-value, cost-effective IT consulting services and application technology solutions for both the private and public sectors. With a team of more than 250 IT and business professionals, TCC serves clients nationwide, from state and federal government agencies to commercial sector customers. TCC is committed to providing the most cutting edge solutions, and with that, ensures they stay up-to-date on crucial certifications and affiliations. Among these are the highly accredited Microsoft Certifications.
At TCC, we know that having a strong company culture is paramount in sustaining the success and stability of the company, especially within the information technology industry. That’s why we place our focus on the people who make our success possible: our employees, partners and clients. We strive to create an environment that preserves and fosters growth while still promoting the DNA of our company.
Our core values:
• Building strong, reliable relationships with our employees, our partners and our clients
• Upholding integrity, honesty and respect
• Supporting our local community
• Encouraging continued education and development
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.