Duration: At least 6 months
Location: Providence, RI
This is a remote position. Seeking a Public Health Communications Specialist. The purpose of this position is to complete strategic communications guidance and technical assistance a state department of health, including programs within the Division of Community Health and Equity, the Center for Health Data and Analysis, the COVID-19 Unit, and/or other program areas as assigned.
- Provide strategic communications guidance and technical assistance Department of Health programs, including programs within the Division of Community Health and Equity, the Center for Health Data and Analysis, the COVID-19 Unit, and/or other program areas as assigned.
- Write, edit, develop, and disseminate communications content, such as presentations, letters, newsletters, brochures, posters, data briefs, infographics, reports, website and social media content, marketing materials, and related products.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate communications plans for public health programs and initiatives based on evidence and best practices.
- Ensure that messages and materials produced adhere to agency communications policies and standards for branding, graphics, plain language, style, Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS), and accessibility.
- Collaborate with communications and program staff to coordinate the design, production, translation, and dissemination of public health communications messages and materials via a range of channels and mediums.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of paid, earned, and organic public health communications campaigns, including coordinating efforts related to formative research, message and campaign development and implementation, and evaluation.
- Assist with overseeing and coordinating the work of external marketing and communications vendors, including developing scopes of work, issuing requests for quotes, securing purchase orders, and reviewing and approving work performed.
- Assist with drafting timely and accurate responses to media inquiries and preparing media interview briefing materials for public health programs.
- Assist with crisis and emergency risk communication in the event of a public health emergency.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Supplemental Info-Skills Preferred:
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- A thorough knowledge of health communications, social marketing, health literacy, design, and public/media relations principles, practices, and techniques
- The ability to apply such knowledge to develop, implement, and evaluate public health communications messages, materials, and campaigns
- The ability to translate complex data into plain language and employ effective strategies to ensure messaging is easily understood
- Good understanding and working knowledge of public health data, population-based surveys, and best practices for data visualization
- The ability to evaluate the health beliefs, attitudes, and perceptions of specific audiences
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of public health
- Experience writing and developing communications materials, presentations, and written reports tailored to specific and non-technical audiences
- A thorough knowledge of social media principles, practices, and techniques, and the ability to apply such knowledge to write effective social media content and assist with monitoring agency social media accounts
- The ability to assist in training and review the work external partners and vendors
- The ability to work independently to manage multiple projects and deadlines, with attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Initiative to launch, complete, and report out on long-term projects and to independently take projects from concept to completion
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, associates, public groups, private and public agencies, and community partners and members from diverse backgrounds
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office products; and
- Related capacities and abilities.
Such as may have been gained through graduation from a college of recognized standing with a bachelor’s degree in English, communications, public relations, public health, journalism, or a closely related field; and
Such as may have been gained through considerable employment in a responsible position in communications/marketing, public health, journalism, media relations, or a related field.
Or any combination of education and experience that shall be substantially equivalent to the above education and experience.
Founded in 1996 in Indianapolis, IN, The Consultants Consortium (TCC) is an innovative solutions provider committed to designing and delivering high-value, cost-effective IT consulting services and application technology solutions for both the private and public sectors. With a team of more than 250 IT and business professionals, TCC serves clients nationwide, from state and federal government agencies to commercial sector customers. TCC is committed to providing the most cutting edge solutions, and with that, ensures they stay up-to-date on crucial certifications and affiliations. Among these are the highly accredited Microsoft Certifications.
At TCC, we know that having a strong company culture is paramount in sustaining the success and stability of the company, especially within the information technology industry. That’s why we place our focus on the people who make our success possible: our employees, partners and clients. We strive to create an environment that preserves and fosters growth while still promoting the DNA of our company.
Our core values:
• Building strong, reliable relationships with our employees, our partners and our clients
• Upholding integrity, honesty and respect
• Supporting our local community
• Encouraging continued education and development
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.