Duration: At least 6 months
Location: Providence, RI
Seeking a Trainer to support to a state’s Preparedness, Response, Infectious Disease and Emergency Medical Service (PRIDEMS). The purpose of this classification is to improve human performance through the design, development and implementation of training initiatives and curriculum that support strategic and operational initiatives.
This is a on-site/hybrid position. Candidate must be able to provide support a minimum of 35 hours a week minimum, with ability to work off-hour shifts, weekends, and holidays as needed to the response requirements. Ability to be flexible and to periodically work after hours and/or on the weekend may be required
- Designs, develops, and delivers a wide variety of training programs and learning opportunities, including but not limited to: new hire program, Onboarding program, skills enhancement, career and development, job aids, professional and Leadership development courses.
- Utilizes sound instructional design methodologies to create materials for learning programs including the development of pre-work, post-session learning, participant materials, learner activities, simulations, and skills assessments. This includes classroom training, learning assessments, e-learning, distance learning (i.e., synchronous, and asynchronous webinars), job aids/toolkits and other development resources, tools, and materials.
- Collaborates with stakeholders, subject matter experts and management to design, develop and deliver courses tailored to the unique organizational unit and/or learning and development needs.
- Functions as an internal consultant and subject matter expert on training modalities, and related areas.
- Conducts train the trainer sessions as appropriate.
- Maintains knowledge of current industry standards, developments, and learnings, ensuring such information is integrated into learning activities.
- Conducts evaluation of training on multiple levels and at various intervals following training completion, including development of evaluation methods.
- Coordinates information from multiple sources, including organization and unit level initiatives, staff planning processes, performance, and other inputs.
- Maintain working knowledge and understanding of disease surveillance, data quality, and data management and relevance to training and professional development.
- Develop various training tools, resources, and activities to promote learning.
Performs additional duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Due to the nature of this work, the selected candidate must have sufficient education, training, and experience to demonstrate the possession and direct application of the following knowledge and abilities:
- Training assessment, design, and delivery in a multi-location environment
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and adapt to computer programs and updates.
Exceptional organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple assignments and prioritize work.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both independently and on a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing or competing priorities.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Experience using Microsoft Forms and Teams preferred.
- Strong analytic and data management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience in a Training and Development function, including design, development, and facilitation.
- Prior experience with curriculum development, instruction, or technical skills or job training.
Founded in 1996 in Indianapolis, IN, The Consultants Consortium (TCC) is an innovative solutions provider committed to designing and delivering high-value, cost-effective IT consulting services and application technology solutions for both the private and public sectors. With a team of more than 250 IT and business professionals, TCC serves clients nationwide, from state and federal government agencies to commercial sector customers. TCC is committed to providing the most cutting edge solutions, and with that, ensures they stay up-to-date on crucial certifications and affiliations. Among these are the highly accredited Microsoft Certifications.
At TCC, we know that having a strong company culture is paramount in sustaining the success and stability of the company, especially within the information technology industry. That’s why we place our focus on the people who make our success possible: our employees, partners and clients. We strive to create an environment that preserves and fosters growth while still promoting the DNA of our company.
Our core values:
• Building strong, reliable relationships with our employees, our partners and our clients
• Upholding integrity, honesty and respect
• Supporting our local community
• Encouraging continued education and development
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.