Duration: 10 months
Location: Providence, RI
This position will start as a remote position, with the possibility to be moved onsite, and is a 25 hour per week position.
Seeking a Senior Project Manager, with strong skills as a Business Analyst, to assist in the implementation of a new Statewide Cannabis Program platform. The Project Manager will be expected to or have experience with experience/skills in the following:
- Provide Project Management expertise in the oversight of a system
- Function as a Business Analyst in situations requiring a Liaison between Agency, IT, other Stakeholders as needed, and Vendor resources to communicate requirements and ensure delivery and
- Clarify and resolve
- Provide project (phase/timeline/budget) reporting to IT and Agency Leadership, as
- Create and maintain a robust and inclusive project plan while actively managing relevant work streams of the program throughout each
- Establish and manage a RAID log (risks, actions, issues, decisions) throughout the entire
- Establish and manage a RASCI matrix (responsible, accountable, supportive, consulted, informed) throughout the entire program.
- Create and update weekly status reports of the project, create content for weekly team meetings to highlight accomplishments, upcoming activities, updates to RAID log and project plan.
- Participate in the creation of governance team materials as Present/report to the governance team as per established cadence.
- Lead the implementation phase in conjunction with software vendor partner(s) and stake holders from State (SMEs, program management etc.).
- Participate in the planning, discovery, design, configuration, testing (e.g., burn down charts, UAT) and training activities (e.g. content creation and review is being executed, training sessions appropriately staffed and executed) during this phase of the
- Lead through experience around standard practices around a
- Lead the post-implementation phase including coordinating resources and providing direct assistance with troubleshooting of production support issues, deployment/cutover, period close activities and system/business process optimization, identification of additional training opportunities / content delivery mechanisms, as
- Ensure Change Management is happening in a strategic manner throughout the duration of the program providing thought leadership based on experience and expertise.
- Help establish a ‘super user’ network of business SMEs who can continue to support the system and associated processes during the implementation phase as we near phased go-live events and throughout the post- implementation
- Manage budget throughout the
- Ensure risk management and lead conflict
- 10-15 years of experience with multiple previous implementations large software programs from a variety of system integrators / software vendors in the public sector is preferred; however, private sector experience will also be
- Highly competent individual who can think both strategically and tactically in numerous situations and is capable of toggling between the two seamlessly.
- Exceptional communication skills (e.g. verbal, written, presentation) and time management skills (e.g. ability to multi-task while meeting deadlines).
- Must possess high level of emotional intelligence (EQ.).
- Deep experience with SDLC in an Agile environment, quality assurance standards for system design, and configuration.
- Experience and solid understanding of the following disciplines (in addition to Project Management): Business process re-engineering, Change Management methodologies, preferred Lean Management (and or Six Sigma).
- Experience using project management tools such as Confluence/Jira, Smartsheet, Asana, Microsoft Project and/or Monday.com.
- Experience using Microsoft Collaboration applications including Teams, Planner, SharePoint, preferred.
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of Microsoft applications including Excel, PowerPoint, preferred.
- Experience in highly regulated industries
- Experience in medical or recreational marijuana industries a
- Prior State or other government experience is a plus
Founded in 1996 in Indianapolis, IN, The Consultants Consortium (TCC) is an innovative solutions provider committed to designing and delivering high-value, cost-effective IT consulting services and application technology solutions for both the private and public sectors. With a team of more than 250 IT and business professionals, TCC serves clients nationwide, from state and federal government agencies to commercial sector customers. TCC is committed to providing the most cutting edge solutions, and with that, ensures they stay up-to-date on crucial certifications and affiliations. Among these are the highly accredited Microsoft Certifications.
At TCC, we know that having a strong company culture is paramount in sustaining the success and stability of the company, especially within the information technology industry. That’s why we place our focus on the people who make our success possible: our employees, partners and clients. We strive to create an environment that preserves and fosters growth while still promoting the DNA of our company.
Our core values:
• Building strong, reliable relationships with our employees, our partners and our clients
• Upholding integrity, honesty and respect
• Supporting our local community
• Encouraging continued education and development
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.