Duration: 12 months
Location: 100 Community Pl, Crownsville, MD 21032
Our client is seeking a full-time resource for a long term role within a state government agency. Per client restrictions candidates must be able to verify U.S. Citizenship or Green card status. See Job Responsibilities for details of position. Candidate will be required to work on-site.
• Diligently initiate project support and firewall management throughout the Install, configure our projects’ firewall solutions, monitor patches & upgrades, and provide support in routine break-fix troubleshooting and other maintenance.
• Thoroughly analyze requirements to assist in defining and implementing firewall rules and policies.
• Effectively configure, maintain, and support additional firewall services such as URL filtering, Malware Sandboxing Analysis, Threat Intelligence Feeds, Threat Prevention, User ID, etc.
• Administration and support of alerts, dashboards, and reporting for firewall solutions.
• Initiate creation and support of alerts, dashboards, and reporting for firewall solutions as well as routinely monitor the firewall alerts & dashboards and raise incidents accordingly.
• Initiate creation and support of firewall operational and security audits logs and provide firewall log correlation support for emerging and retroactive security incident investigations.
• Eagerly participate in internal security work prioritization, planning, project meetings, and daily standups.
• Collaboratively contribute to role-based Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documents.
• Actively seek continual professional growth opportunities in the security field through the pursuit of Palo Alto, Juniper, and other vendor-specific certifications.
• Actively expand skillset in soft skills, leadership, and management through continual personal development.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge & Expertise
• B.S. degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related scientific or technical discipline, preferred or equivalent work experience.
• 5+ years of experience in a computer-related field.
• 2+ years of progressive experience in the implementation and support of firewall technologies.
• Proven experience with Palo Alto and Juniper Firewalls.
• Demonstrable knowledge of architecture and design options for firewall solutions.
• Demonstrable knowledge of network security architecture, design, and implementation best practices.
• Familiarity with and/or integration with other security tools such as IDS/IPS, SIEM, NACs, VPN, etc.
• Palo Alto PCNSA certification required.
• Security+ and Juniper JNCIA-SEC certifications desired.
• Proven ability to perform technical analysis/review and recommendation of security technologies.
• Good written, oral communication, and presentation skills.
• Ability to effectively work both autonomously as well as on a team.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, strong work ethic, and self-motivated.
Founded in 1996 in Indianapolis, IN, The Consultants Consortium (TCC) is an innovative solutions provider committed to designing and delivering high-value, cost-effective IT consulting services and application technology solutions for both the private and public sectors. With a team of more than 250 IT and business professionals, TCC serves clients nationwide, from state and federal government agencies to commercial sector customers. TCC is committed to providing the most cutting edge solutions, and with that, ensures they stay up-to-date on crucial certifications and affiliations. Among these are the highly accredited Microsoft Certifications.
At TCC, we know that having a strong company culture is paramount in sustaining the success and stability of the company, especially within the information technology industry. That’s why we place our focus on the people who make our success possible: our employees, partners and clients. We strive to create an environment that preserves and fosters growth while still promoting the DNA of our company.
Our core values:
• Building strong, reliable relationships with our employees, our partners and our clients
• Upholding integrity, honesty and respect
• Supporting our local community
• Encouraging continued education and development
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.