Duration: 1 year with potential for extension
Location: Charlotte Hall, MD 20622 (ONSITE)
Our end client is seeking a full-time resource to start on July 1, 2022. This is a long term position. Prefer someone who has extensive experience across all fields: desktop/systems/network/security – “jack of all trades”. Candidate will have a lead role for daily operation and maintenance tasks, but also design, strategy, and IT budget proposal. Candidate will be required to work on-site.
• Candidate will be responsible for the design and implementation of large data communications or telecommunications networks.
• Plans and monitors the installation of communications circuits.
• Manage and monitor local area networks and associated equipment (e.g., bridges, routers, modem pools, and gateways)
• Conducts short and long-term plan to meet c communications requirements.
• Responsible for the design and implementation of LANs/WANs using hub switching and router technology.
• Performs hardware/software analyses to provide comparative data of performance characteristics and suitability within the existing systems environment.
• Prepares tradeoff studies and evaluations for vendor equipment.
• Generates network monitoring/performance report, for LAN/WAN utilization studies.
• Recommends network design changes/enhancements for improved system availability and performance.
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline.
• Nine years’ experience in a computer-related field.
• Seven years of progressive experience in planning, designing, implementation, and analyzing data or telecommunications networks.
• Must have experience with network analysis/management tools and techniques
• Must be familiar with Personal Computers (PCs) in a client/server environment.
• Must be familiar with IT technology and long distance and local carrier management.
Founded in 1996 in Indianapolis, IN, The Consultants Consortium (TCC) is an innovative solutions provider committed to designing and delivering high-value, cost-effective IT consulting services and application technology solutions for both the private and public sectors. With a team of more than 250 IT and business professionals, TCC serves clients nationwide, from state and federal government agencies to commercial sector customers. TCC is committed to providing the most cutting edge solutions, and with that, ensures they stay up-to-date on crucial certifications and affiliations. Among these are the highly accredited Microsoft Certifications.
At TCC, we know that having a strong company culture is paramount in sustaining the success and stability of the company, especially within the information technology industry. That’s why we place our focus on the people who make our success possible: our employees, partners and clients. We strive to create an environment that preserves and fosters growth while still promoting the DNA of our company.
Our core values:
• Building strong, reliable relationships with our employees, our partners and our clients
• Upholding integrity, honesty and respect
• Supporting our local community
• Encouraging continued education and development
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.