Duration: 12 months
Location: 100 Community Pl, Crownsville, MD 21032
Our client is seeking a full-time resource for a long term role within a state government agency. Per client restrictions candidates must be able to verify U.S. Citizenship or Green card status. See Job Responsibilities for details of position. Candidate will be required to work on-site.
We are looking for a Google Workspace Engineer that is a self-starter, with good time management skills and requires minimum oversight and/or direction. The ideal candidate can confidently ensure the operational effectiveness and secure operation of Google Cloud (specific to the Workspace platform), Active Directory, and related technologies in the collaboration ecosystem.
• Confidently serve as a trusted advisor to ensure DoIT is using the Google Workspace Platform efficiently and effectively to meet Agency needs and ensure the platform is integrating well with other tools and processes.
• Effectively provide subject matter expertise in Google Workspace solutions and lead all technical aspects of engineering, maintenance, and management of the Google Workspace messaging and collaboration solutions.
• Routinely perform hands-on design, configuration, and troubleshooting of Google Workspace including migrating data to Google, integrating Active Directory environments with Google, and educating customer technical resources.
• Effectively provide subject matter expertise in Chrome, leading all technical aspects of Chrome Enterprise projects, and serve as the escalation point for the technical support resources dedicated to advanced Workspace and Chrome issues.
• Eagerly support the development and implementation of holistic identity and access security policies that will automate the access control management for Google Cloud resources consistently across the DoIT enterprise.
• Efficiently resolve P1 and P2 incidents; perform business impact assessments; coordinate and carry out suitable resolutions involving key technical teams including Google Support; provide problem resolution reports for management as required.
• Enthusiastically develop relationships with internal and external partners in order to better understand user needs and ensure that DoIT is maximizing the usage, performance, and stability of the collaboration platform.
• Thoroughly evaluate third-party Google application requests and ensure they meet Maryland security standards.
• Other tasks as assigned by management.
Knowledge & Expertise
• 5+ years of hands-on experience deploying and administering Google Workspace in enterprise environments
• 5+ years of hands-on experience configuring and managing Google Workspace services including mail delivery, routing, and filtering; Allowlist & Blocklist; SMTP, data loss prevention (DLP), Retention, and eDiscovery Configuration
• 5+ years of hands-on experience implementing role-based access controls, using Google Workspace Admin Console
• 5+ years of hands-on experience providing specialized access via APIs
• 5+ years of hands-on experience creating granular access control policies to resources based on attributes like device security status, IP address, resource type, and date/time
• Experience implementing, managing, and operationalizing DMARC, DKIM, SPF, and email/DNS interaction
• Required Certifications: Google Professional Cloud Architect, Google Professional Cloud Security Engineer, Google Professional Collaboration Engineer, and Security+
• ISC(2) CCSP/CISSP or comparable security certification, preferred
• Proven ability to develop system operational requirements (e.g., change and configuration management standards)
• Proven ability to create system process documentation and other operational documents
• Proven ability to identify system misconfigurations that could result in security risk
• Strong expertise in email, email infrastructure, mail transfer protocols, mail access protocols, email security, spam, phishing, and virus protection, preferred.
• Troubleshooting and Sync Support for FIM / MIM / SDS / Active Directory / Domain Controllers experience desired
Founded in 1996 in Indianapolis, IN, The Consultants Consortium (TCC) is an innovative solutions provider committed to designing and delivering high-value, cost-effective IT consulting services and application technology solutions for both the private and public sectors. With a team of more than 250 IT and business professionals, TCC serves clients nationwide, from state and federal government agencies to commercial sector customers. TCC is committed to providing the most cutting edge solutions, and with that, ensures they stay up-to-date on crucial certifications and affiliations. Among these are the highly accredited Microsoft Certifications.
At TCC, we know that having a strong company culture is paramount in sustaining the success and stability of the company, especially within the information technology industry. That’s why we place our focus on the people who make our success possible: our employees, partners and clients. We strive to create an environment that preserves and fosters growth while still promoting the DNA of our company.
Our core values:
• Building strong, reliable relationships with our employees, our partners and our clients
• Upholding integrity, honesty and respect
• Supporting our local community
• Encouraging continued education and development
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.