Duration: 1 year
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Designs, develops and executes all testing-related activities on applications, infrastructure or hardware components of IT solutions. Applications and infrastructure solutions include both 3rd party software and internally developed applications and infrastructure. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, establishing testing strategy and plan, analysis of business requirements & designs for testability, design and development of test cases, utilization of appropriate tools to develop automated test scripts, and execution of various testing types such as System, system Integration, performance and modeling. Develops the Testing components of application solutions by applying knowledge of service offerings, capabilities, innovation, sales pursuit strategy, Testing & Quality Methodology and best practices to collaborate with the Project team and client to deliver high quality solutions. Works within the Services function, obtaining resources and working in support of objectives and strategies.
- Participates as a member of a Testing Team.
- Utilizing testing methodology, analyzes testing requirements as the basis for developing testing scenarios for a test level to be executed on a project.
- Designs testing scenarios and test cases that will demonstrate conformance to all functional and non-functional requirements, relative to the test level, as defined in business or technical specifications.
- Executes tasks related to the production of the Test Plan, test cases, test scripts, and test data. Analyzes the results of the testing process and recommends solutions.
- Defines, identifies, collects, and organizes detailed information relating to testing requirements. Interacts with the project team to gain an understanding of the business environment, technical context, and conformance criteria.
- Understands and uses appropriate automated testing processes and tools.
- Stays current on established tools, techniques, and technologies.
- Supports knowledge management and collaboration through participation in testing discussions, communities and improving testing collateral through lessons learned.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 2 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, OR 5 years of experience in Business Analyst role
- Preferred education in a technical discipline (computer science, engineering, math)
- Minimum 3 years’ of client facing experience
- Preferred experience with health care industry, especially Medicaid
- Experience with a large IT application: development and/or maintenance
- Minimum 3 years’ MS Office experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to facilitate a meeting/walkthrough effectively; manage attendees
- Ability to interview project stakeholders to elicit information to complete templates (requirements, design, test plans, education manuals, other)
- Ability to generate grammatically correct documentation: report definitions, training manuals, operating manuals, bulletins to provider community, test plans, and other materials
- Ability to communicate effectively with Project Manager and project stakeholders
- Ability to convey professionalism in all job facets (appearance, facilitation, communication, other)
- Ability to accurately record work time (project, work day, number of hours) in time tracking applications on a daily basis
- Ability to work independently on assigned activities
- Ability to independently research departmental standards, processes, and procedures, as well as Indiana Medicaid policy and procedures, to self-educate on assigned project
- Ability to work minimum 40 hours per week, and overtime when project deadlines necessitate
Founded in 1996 in Indianapolis, IN, The Consultants Consortium (TCC) is an innovative solutions provider committed to designing and delivering high-value, cost-effective IT consulting services and application technology solutions for both the private and public sectors. With a team of more than 250 IT and business professionals, TCC serves clients nationwide, from state and federal government agencies to commercial sector customers. TCC is committed to providing the most cutting edge solutions, and with that, ensures they stay up-to-date on crucial certifications and affiliations. Among these are the highly accredited Microsoft Certifications.
At TCC, we know that having a strong company culture is paramount in sustaining the success and stability of the company, especially within the information technology industry. That’s why we place our focus on the people who make our success possible: our employees, partners and clients. We strive to create an environment that preserves and fosters growth while still promoting the DNA of our company.
Our core values:
• Building strong, reliable relationships with our employees, our partners and our clients
• Upholding integrity, honesty and respect
• Supporting our local community
• Encouraging continued education and development
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.