Installs new software releases and system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches, and resolves software related problems. Performs system backups and recovery. Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity. Initial point of contact for datacenter issues then escalate to System Engineer for support. Assist other departments (web developers, DBAs, etc.) on priority projects when needed.
- Oversee new software releases and system upgrades
- Evaluate and install patches
- Resolve software related problems
- Perform system backups and recovery
- Oversee the maintenance data files
- Monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity
- Monitor and troubleshoot system availability and resource consumption
- Upgrade/Install physical server hardware for physical or virtual ESXi/Hyper-V hosts.
- Maintain and troubleshoot issues with virtual infrastructure including VMWare, Hyper-V, AWS, Azure, etc.
- Manage virtual environments and assist their physical connections (when needed).
- Familiarity of SANs and datacenter technologies (when needed for issues or upgrades).
- Knowledge of Active Directory and domain environment.
- Basic understanding of Windows Servers features and roles including IIS (SSL, Certificates, etc.), SMTP, Telnet, .NET Framework, etc.
- Basic understanding of networking and subnet relationships between domains/other subnets.
- Recommending and implementing automation and other advanced administration techniques
- Relies on experience and experience to plan and accomplish goals
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
- 5+ years’ experience working with Linux platforms or Microsoft platforms and back office products
- 3-5 years’ experience in VMWare or equivalent virtual box technologies.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Veeam or equivalent backup software to tape process.
- 3-5 years’ experience in server hardware (physical or virtual hosts) as well as SANs and basic familiarity with a datacenter infrastructure.
- 1-3 years’ experience working with a second operating system platform
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Computer Science or Engineering Technology or a comparable technical degree (Work Experience Considered)
- ITIL certification or experience using an established IT management framework preferred
- Technical Certifications such as MCSE, CCNA, Linux Foundation Certified SysAdmin (Work Experience and Other Certifications Considered)
- Must be available during the “core” work hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Must work 40 hours each week to maintain full-time status.
- Participate in out-of-hours On-Call rotation.
- Occasional evening and weekend work will be required as job duties demand
• Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
• Employer-funded Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
• Company sponsored 401k
• Paid Time Off
Founded in 1996 in Indianapolis, IN, The Consultants Consortium (TCC) is an innovative solutions provider committed to designing and delivering high-value, cost-effective IT consulting services and application technology solutions for both the private and public sectors. With a team of more than 250 IT and business professionals, TCC serves clients nationwide, from state and federal government agencies to commercial sector customers. TCC is committed to providing the most cutting edge solutions, and with that, ensures they stay up-to-date on crucial certifications and affiliations. Among these are the highly accredited Microsoft Certifications.
At TCC, we know that having a strong company culture is paramount in sustaining the success and stability of the company, especially within the information technology industry. That’s why we place our focus on the people who make our success possible: our employees, partners and clients. We strive to create an environment that preserves and fosters growth while still promoting the DNA of our company.
Our core values:
• Building strong, reliable relationships with our employees, our partners and our clients
• Upholding integrity, honesty and respect
• Supporting our local community
• Encouraging continued education and development
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.