Duration: 6 months
Location: Pikesville, MD
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline is desired.
- Five (5) years of equivalent experience in a related field is acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- A Master’s Degree is preferred.
Description of Work:
The developer will develop of new functionality and support existing systems within the agency’s Information Technology Division. The work focused WinForms development with web services. Responsibilities include:
- Assist with planning and determining specifications for new systems.
- Assist with mentoring the developers to improve their knowledge of the systems.
- Consult and make recommendations on system architecture, design and implementation.
- Improve existing systems within the agency through requested enhancements to the Windows applications.
- Assist with the development of new modules within the existing framework of Windows applications.
- Maintain existing source code improvements to keep the Windows applications up to the latest technology and security standards.
- Develop new web services using the most up to date security standards and technologies as needed.
- Update and maintain existing web services with the most up to date security standards and technologies as needed.
- Assist with web enabled applications when needed.
- Continue to support the ongoing development of new WinForms-based systems when needed.
- Assist with documentation of existing and future system designs.
- Continue to update and improve end user documentation as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Experience and/or Technical Skills:
- The work is WinForms development with web services. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate significant experience in this area.
- Must have ten (10) years of programming experience in software development and maintenance of WinForms.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in IT systems analysis and programming WinForms applications.
- The successful candidate Must be proficient in VB.NET and C# in a WinForms development environment.
- Must have at least three (3) years of experience working with Entity Framework.
- Must have at least four (4) years of experience working with WCF web services.
- Must be able to demonstrate a solid understanding of XML and XSD files.
- Must have experience with Team Foundation Server and source control.
- Must have at least two (2) years of experience working within a SCRUM environment.
- Experience with law enforcement systems and development (desired, but not a deal-breaker).
- DevExpress component experience.
- Oracle database experience.
Founded in 1996 in Indianapolis, IN, The Consultants Consortium (TCC) is an innovative solutions provider committed to designing and delivering high-value, cost-effective IT consulting services and application technology solutions for both the private and public sectors. With a team of more than 250 IT and business professionals, TCC serves clients nationwide, from state and federal government agencies to commercial sector customers. TCC is committed to providing the most cutting edge solutions, and with that, ensures they stay up-to-date on crucial certifications and affiliations. Among these are the highly accredited Microsoft Certifications.
At TCC, we know that having a strong company culture is paramount in sustaining the success and stability of the company, especially within the information technology industry. That’s why we place our focus on the people who make our success possible: our employees, partners and clients. We strive to create an environment that preserves and fosters growth while still promoting the DNA of our company.
Our core values:
• Building strong, reliable relationships with our employees, our partners and our clients
• Upholding integrity, honesty and respect
• Supporting our local community
• Encouraging continued education and development
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.