Location: Pikesville, Maryland
1. Lead the scrum team in using Agile methodology and scrum practices
2. Facilitating Scrum events (daily standups, sprint planning, sprint review, retrospectives, backlog grooming) as needed.
3. Work with product owners to maintain backlogs and new requests
4. Lead the scrum and development teams in self-organization
5. Remove impediments and coach the scrum team on removing impediments Deliverables will include, but are not limited to: Ensure the development teams meet the sprint and project goals. Enforce agile practices and ensure members of the team are following the policies and best practices. This includes meetings, work flow of PBIs and tasks etc. Ensure impediments are removed for the team.
6. Resolve conflicts and issues that occur
7. Help the scrum team achieve higher levels of scrum maturity
8. Help the scrum and development teams to identify and fill in blanks in the Agile framework Ensure retrospective meetings are performed and new expectations are developed Coach the team to become more proficient in agile methodologies and practices.
9. Keeping the organization, particularly the project’s stakeholders, up to date on the progress of the scrum team’s projects.
10. Support the product owner and provide education where needed
11. Be the point of contact for external communications
Delivery of clear, concise documentation to Division management on technical work and projects as assigned Assist with communication with external agencies and users. This may include some troubleshooting and testing.
12. Attendance at MSP ITD meetings (as required)
13. After-hours support (as required) Position will be required to attend any other meetings related to projects and the development team. Position will be available after hours if needed.
14. Other duties as assigned Resource may be asked to work on other tasks and projects as needed.
Requirement Candidate Relevant Experience * Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or other related technical discipline is preferred, or a minimum of three (3) years of equivalent experience in a related field within the most recent 5 years. General Experience: Must have five (5) years of progressive working experience supporting agile development teams in the role of Scrum Master. Specialized Experience: Certified Scrum Master through scrum.org or Scrum Alliance. Advanced certification is preferred. Experience with Team Foundation Server is preferred.
Founded in 1996 in Indianapolis, IN, The Consultants Consortium (TCC) is an innovative solutions provider committed to designing and delivering high-value, cost-effective IT consulting services and application technology solutions for both the private and public sectors. With a team of more than 250 IT and business professionals, TCC serves clients nationwide, from state and federal government agencies to commercial sector customers. TCC is committed to providing the most cutting edge solutions, and with that, ensures they stay up-to-date on crucial certifications and affiliations. Among these are the highly accredited Microsoft Certifications.
At TCC, we know that having a strong company culture is paramount in sustaining the success and stability of the company, especially within the information technology industry. That’s why we place our focus on the people who make our success possible: our employees, partners and clients. We strive to create an environment that preserves and fosters growth while still promoting the DNA of our company.
Our core values:
• Building strong, reliable relationships with our employees, our partners and our clients
• Upholding integrity, honesty and respect
• Supporting our local community
• Encouraging continued education and development
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.