Duration: 12 months with potential for extension
Location: Laurel, MD
The Senior Systems Engineer role is responsible for the design, architecture, implementation, and operations of a customer-facing 24x7x365 data center infrastructure, data center administration, servers, storage, backups middleware, non-application software, and operations that support the applications and business processes as required. The Incumbent architects, implements, upgrades, secures, monitors, and maintains the Microsoft, VMware, Citrix, Nutanix, and other server and related operations infrastructure and acts as the SME for all aspects of platform technology implementations. This position is also responsible for the administration of On-Premise and Azure Active Directory, Windows Server, MS Exchange (on-premise and cloud), Citrix Virtual Apps, and Desktop and Citrix Cloud Services. Responsible for administration of various VMware technologies such as vSphere, vCenter, vROPS, and NSX. He/She will engineer, support, and optimize hybrid infrastructures both on-premise and in the Cloud (i.e. Azure, Citrix Cloud, Nutanix, etc.) This role will also support efforts related to backup recovery, performance tuning, problem determination and resolution, and deployment and will develop system Architecture and system design documentation.
• Strong power-shell scripting skills for automating jobs and process for systems that support power-shell based deployment and implementation
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft technologies including operating systems, Microsoft 365, Azure AD, and other Microsoft technologies.
• Strong knowledge of VMware based technologies such as VMware ESXi, VMware Site Recovery Manager, vRealize Automation, VMware NSX, vSphere vCenter and vROPs
• Strong knowledge of software and hardware design and recovery techniques necessary to keep servers operational and accessible;
• Strong knowledge of the Windows Server 2019/2016/2012 operating environment, WSUS and related security, patching, monitoring, and other management/administration software and components;
• Strong knowledge of Windows 2019 2016/2012 Active Directory Domain Services and related Group Policy (GPO), ADFS, login scripts, domain permissions, and other management/administration components;
• Strong knowledge of MS Exchange 2016 or Exchange Online and Microsoft 365 administration and related collaboration technologies such as Teams and SharePoint;
• Strong knowledge of server hardware and software technology, systems analysis and troubleshooting, and research techniques;
• Strong knowledge of server backups and restore software, administration, policies, retention, and scheduling;
• Strong knowledge of administering servers in a VMware vSphere 7.x virtualized environment;
• Experience administering Citrix Virtual Apps/Virtual Desktop farms and Hyperconverged Infrastructure (Nutanix);
• Experience with SaaS implementations;
• Relevant industry certifications (Microsoft, VMware, etc).
• Linux administration Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or another technical discipline
Founded in 1996 in Indianapolis, IN, The Consultants Consortium (TCC) is an innovative solutions provider committed to designing and delivering high-value, cost-effective IT consulting services and application technology solutions for both the private and public sectors. With a team of more than 250 IT and business professionals, TCC serves clients nationwide, from state and federal government agencies to commercial sector customers. TCC is committed to providing the most cutting edge solutions, and with that, ensures they stay up-to-date on crucial certifications and affiliations. Among these are the highly accredited Microsoft Certifications.
At TCC, we know that having a strong company culture is paramount in sustaining the success and stability of the company, especially within the information technology industry. That’s why we place our focus on the people who make our success possible: our employees, partners and clients. We strive to create an environment that preserves and fosters growth while still promoting the DNA of our company.
Our core values:
• Building strong, reliable relationships with our employees, our partners and our clients
• Upholding integrity, honesty and respect
• Supporting our local community
• Encouraging continued education and development
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.