Duration: 12 months with potential for extension
Location: Laurel, MD
The Sr. Network Engineer is responsible for the architecture, and implementation of data network communications. Utilizing his/her extensive knowledge of LAN/WAN, load balancer, firewall and VPN technologies, the individual in this position will serve as SME and will take on responsibilities in areas of administration, engineering, architecture, monitoring, and troubleshooting of routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, and DNS appliances. The individual will develop and maintain documentation, including addressing plans, network topology diagrams, data flows, and variables. The incumbent will be responsible for projects and tasks related to complex network solutions in data and voice convergence, B2B (business to business) network connectivity, and remote access.
• 5+ years of network administration/engineering experience
• Hands-on experience configuring, deploying, maintaining, and testing Cisco IOS, Cisco NXOS based routers and switches, load balancers and firewalls.
• Advanced knowledge of network infrastructure components, including load balancers (preferably Citrix Netscalers), VPN, Palo Alto, and Check Point firewalls and Cisco networking products
• Extensive experience with routing protocols (EIGRP, OSFP, and BGP)
• Extensive experience with switching technologies (Spanning tree, EtherChannel, Port Security, 802.1X, MAB)
• Extensive experience with network monitoring and troubleshooting tools
• Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or CCNP level expertise in Enterprise Infrastructure with a current CCNP or higher Cisco certification
• NAC solutions (such as Cisco ISE)
• SD-WAN and software-defined networking
• Zero Trust Networks
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or another technical discipline
Founded in 1996 in Indianapolis, IN, The Consultants Consortium (TCC) is an innovative solutions provider committed to designing and delivering high-value, cost-effective IT consulting services and application technology solutions for both the private and public sectors. With a team of more than 250 IT and business professionals, TCC serves clients nationwide, from state and federal government agencies to commercial sector customers. TCC is committed to providing the most cutting edge solutions, and with that, ensures they stay up-to-date on crucial certifications and affiliations. Among these are the highly accredited Microsoft Certifications.
At TCC, we know that having a strong company culture is paramount in sustaining the success and stability of the company, especially within the information technology industry. That’s why we place our focus on the people who make our success possible: our employees, partners and clients. We strive to create an environment that preserves and fosters growth while still promoting the DNA of our company.
Our core values:
• Building strong, reliable relationships with our employees, our partners and our clients
• Upholding integrity, honesty and respect
• Supporting our local community
• Encouraging continued education and development
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.