Location: Linthicum Heights, Maryland
● Responsible for designing, building and supporting a secure cloud platform and Linux based instances based on industry standards, best practices and guidelines.
● Determine technical standards and specifications and lead the design, build and support of shared services cloud platform components.
● Provide professional support services and/or the integration of their respective products.
● Implement the products based on best practices.
● Review the current architectural landscape and make appropriate recommendations.
● Compare various solutions and determine the one which best fits the need.
● Design, develop and maintain Linux based instances and backend applications.
● Deploy and maintain web application technologies and middleware solutions on Linux platform.
● Researches new technologies and products for their applicability to business processes.
● Provides tier 1 and tier 2 support for the platform.
● Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
● At least seven (10) years of experience in system administration and development experience.
● At least four (5) years of experience working with design and implementation of systems and applications at Amazon Web Services (AWS).
● Experience with setting up administrator and service accounts, and deep understanding of monitoring AWS instances and services.
● Experience with creating system documentation, interacting with users, evaluating vendor products.
● Experience with AWS platform capabilities and best practices architectures, and engineering solutions within multiple Cloud accounts and services.
● Experience working in AWS via the Command Line Interface (CLI) and management console.
● Knowledge and experience in architecting and configuring Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs).
● Experience with software evaluation principles and practices.
● Experience with developing and implementing vulnerability remediation strategies. Experience with configuration and execution of vulnerability and web application scans.
● Experience with automating server configuration for security including logging, key changes, and system hardening.
● Experience writing process requirements, technical design documents, and standard operating procedures.
● Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams with diverse backgrounds.
● Three (3) years of experience with Ansible, Ansible Tower experience is preferred.
● Three (3) years of experience working with RHEL AMI is preferred.
● At least three (3) years of experience implementing Linux/Unix Security and privileges access.
● At least one (1) year of experience in terraform or similar infrastructure automation is preferred.
● Proven technical knowledge of network, internet systems, databases and operating systems including Linux, Microsoft in AWS.
● Working knowledge of programming languages, including Perl, Python, and shell scripting.
● Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems and related products.
● Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general system management best practices.
Founded in 1996 in Indianapolis, IN, The Consultants Consortium (TCC) is an innovative solutions provider committed to designing and delivering high-value, cost-effective IT consulting services and application technology solutions for both the private and public sectors. With a team of more than 250 IT and business professionals, TCC serves clients nationwide, from state and federal government agencies to commercial sector customers. TCC is committed to providing the most cutting edge solutions, and with that, ensures they stay up-to-date on crucial certifications and affiliations. Among these are the highly accredited Microsoft Certifications.
At TCC, we know that having a strong company culture is paramount in sustaining the success and stability of the company, especially within the information technology industry. That’s why we place our focus on the people who make our success possible: our employees, partners and clients. We strive to create an environment that preserves and fosters growth while still promoting the DNA of our company.
Our core values:
• Building strong, reliable relationships with our employees, our partners and our clients
• Upholding integrity, honesty and respect
• Supporting our local community
• Encouraging continued education and development
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.