Posted by Kelly Grant, TCC Senior Technical Recruiter
Software Support Specialist is responsible for solving and attempting to resolve issues reported by end users. The specialist will respond to end user or client requests for assistance with support issues. The Software Support Specialist is responsible for following ticketing processes and documenting issues, while focusing on exceptional customer service. The specialist is responsible for being a problem solver and evaluating issues to identify the root of those issues. A working knowledge of many software systems is required for issue resolution. Additionally, the position will work collaboratively with other team members to provide support, share knowledge, and ensure a quality customer experience at all times.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Answer incoming calls, emails and tickets in a professional, friendly and timely manner
- Build a strong relationship with end users by projecting a positive attitude and providing helpful support
- Troubleshoot and problem solve efficiently by using active listening skills and asking pertinent, specific questions
- Problem solve and evaluate TIER I and TIER II issues to identify problems and the root cause of the issues.
- Provide accurate, professional and timely documented updates to all assigned tickets
- Close tickets in a timely manner and follow up with all end users to ensure customer satisfaction
- Communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, with users and technical support
- Generate, review and edit end user and troubleshooting documentation such as software manuals and release notes
- Train users on support software products through on-site and web-based training sessions
- Assist with system testing for software releases, bug fixes, etc.
Monday thru Friday, 8 hours per day, between 8 AM to 8 PM depending upon assigned client’s time zone.
Required Education and Experience
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years of phone and/or web-based support experience in a customer support environment
- Self-starter who is highly organized, learns quickly, and retains that knowledge to apply to customer solutions
- Proficient user of Microsoft applications
- Proficient troubleshooting skills
- Basic SQL query knowledge
Founded in 1996 in Indianapolis, IN, The Consultants Consortium (TCC) is an innovative solutions provider committed to designing and delivering high-value, cost-effective IT consulting services and application technology solutions for both the private and public sectors. With a team of more than 250 IT and business professionals, TCC serves clients nationwide, from state and federal government agencies to commercial sector customers. TCC is committed to providing the most cutting edge solutions, and with that, ensures they stay up-to-date on crucial certifications and affiliations. Among these are the highly accredited Microsoft Certifications.
At TCC, we know that having a strong company culture is paramount in sustaining the success and stability of the company, especially within the information technology industry. That’s why we place our focus on the people who make our success possible: our employees, partners and clients. We strive to create an environment that preserves and fosters growth while still promoting the DNA of our company.
Our core values:
• Building strong, reliable relationships with our employees, our partners and our clients
• Upholding integrity, honesty and respect
• Supporting our local community
• Encouraging continued education and development
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.