Posted by Kelly Grant, TCC Senior Technical Recruiter
Term: 3 months initial term with probable long-term extension
Location: Hamilton, New Jersey – remote option with 2-3 days onsite minimum
The Program Director will provide senior-level leadership and operations management for a major software development project. As Program Director, candidate will be charged with implementing a governance and client engagement strategy that promotes strategic implementation of technical and business solutions to meet the client’s vision, objectives and funding requirements. The job requires cross-departmental leadership and support to an internal team of TCC professionals who work together with the purpose of implementing high-quality technical and business solutions our state government client.
• Consult, coordinate and serve as Liaison with client Executive Sponsors on matters of strategic direction, short and long-term objectives and project performance
• Serves as an escalation point for the client’s Senior Leadership team
• Communicate and direct work across the TCC Technical Team, TCC Call Center and outside vendors, as prioritized and authorized by client
• Implement project and data governance structures, processes and communication protocols with fidelity
• Plan agenda and lead Executive Sponsor meetings
• Implement Project Increment Planning process with support from the Senior Architect and Project Managers
• Develop and maintain a Program Road Map to provide a basis for common understanding amongst all stakeholders as to the priorities and schedule for future work
• Manage risks, deliverables, system quality, budget and schedule
• Establish client reporting protocol to include contract deliverable status, data quality performance metrics and fiscal status
• Oversee outside subcontractors with support from TCC Contract Compliance Office and Project Coordinator
• Review and approve invoices to client
• Participate in internal project meetings, such as: Scrums, Contract Compliance Committee, Weekly Project Status
• Be available at client site on a routine basis
• Accurately record and approve others time in on a daily basis
• Acts as a Change Agent using influencing and negotiation skills.
• Exercises creativity and independent judgment to deliver functional and technical expertise
• Builds strong interpersonal relationships
• Exercises business acumen in selecting methods and techniques to deliver functional and technical solutions.
• Identifies and speaks to factors that affect transactional performance, throughput, and scalability.
• Acts with Professionalism and Integrity and accepts Accountability
• Displays a High Level of Commitment, takes Initiative, and inspires a Shared Vision
• Communicates effectively, utilize expert knowledge and convey that knowledge to others
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
• Must have at least one of these:
> Masters Degree in childhood learning, social work, human services, or child welfare
> 3-5 years of relatable work experience in one of these fields
> 10 years of experience with state government
• Enterprise customer-facing experience with strong oral and written communication skills, presenting to both large and small audiences
• Expert communicator, able to lead demanding enterprise customers even in difficult situations.
• Must have the ability to deal with issues of a sensitive nature
• Exceptional interpersonal skills (negotiation, team-building, positive thinking, and flexibility)
• Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
• Prior supervisory experience and the ability to coach and develop team members effectively
• Must possess strong analytical and synthesis skills to identify and resolve complex functional and technical issues
• Previous experience related to large scale IT projects is preferred.
• Requires routine travel to New Jersey client site
• Occasional travel to the Indianapolis development site as required
Founded in 1996 in Indianapolis, IN, The Consultants Consortium (TCC) is an innovative solutions provider committed to designing and delivering high-value, cost-effective IT consulting services and application technology solutions for both the private and public sectors. With a team of more than 250 IT and business professionals, TCC serves clients nationwide, from state and federal government agencies to commercial sector customers. TCC is committed to providing the most cutting edge solutions, and with that, ensures they stay up-to-date on crucial certifications and affiliations. Among these are the highly accredited Microsoft Certifications.
At TCC, we know that having a strong company culture is paramount in sustaining the success and stability of the company, especially within the information technology industry. That’s why we place our focus on the people who make our success possible: our employees, partners and clients. We strive to create an environment that preserves and fosters growth while still promoting the DNA of our company.
Our core values:
• Building strong, reliable relationships with our employees, our partners and our clients
• Upholding integrity, honesty and respect
• Supporting our local community
• Encouraging continued education and development
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.