Posted by Kelly Grant, TCC Senior Technical Recruiter
Develops, implements, administers, and maintains policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company database. Implements data models, database designs, data access and table maintenance codes. Resolves database performance and capacity issues, and replication and other distributed data issues.
The ability to self-manage and work independently is a must as this role is a remote role. Candidate must be available during the 8am – 5pm EST timeframe.
• Drive end to end availability, performance monitoring, and capacity planning for PostgreSQL, using native and 3rd party tools.
• Implement automated methods and industry best practices for consistent installation and configuration of EDB PostgreSQL for production, pre-production and non-production environments.
• Administration of PostgreSQL databases throughout the non-production (Sandbox, development, test, UAT, Training), pre-production (Staging) and production lifecycles in an AWS environment.
• Ensuring optimal database performance through exhaustive pro-active testing and ongoing real-time monitoring.
• Monitor and maintain the backups for database recoverability for all production databases.
• At least twelve (4) years of experience in administering on-prem/cloud based multi user environment with expertise in planning, designing, building, and implementing complex database systems.
• In depth knowledge of the EDB PostgreSQL DB architecture.
• Must have experience working in the database domain with at least four (4) years of experience managing all operations of RDBMS databases such as Oracle/SQL Server/DB2 with a minimum of two (2) years of EDB PostgreSQL DB.
• Prior AWS cloud base Postgres database administration experience
• Experience in testing database security and enterprise policy guidelines according to established best practices.
• A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related technical discipline is required.
• Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
• Employer-funded Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
• Company sponsored 401k
• Paid Time Off
Founded in 1996 in Indianapolis, IN, The Consultants Consortium (TCC) is an innovative solutions provider committed to designing and delivering high-value, cost-effective IT consulting services and application technology solutions for both the private and public sectors. With a team of more than 250 IT and business professionals, TCC serves clients nationwide, from state and federal government agencies to commercial sector customers. TCC is committed to providing the most cutting edge solutions, and with that, ensures they stay up-to-date on crucial certifications and affiliations. Among these are the highly accredited Microsoft Certifications.
At TCC, we know that having a strong company culture is paramount in sustaining the success and stability of the company, especially within the information technology industry. That’s why we place our focus on the people who make our success possible: our employees, partners and clients. We strive to create an environment that preserves and fosters growth while still promoting the DNA of our company.
Our core values:
• Building strong, reliable relationships with our employees, our partners and our clients
• Upholding integrity, honesty and respect
• Supporting our local community
• Encouraging continued education and development
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.