Our client in Warwick, Rhode Island is looking for an Inventory Specialist for a 6 month contract.
The State of Rhode Island Department of IT is looking for a candidate that is highly self-motivated and organized, demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, and exhibit an attention to detail and an attitude of conformance. Qualified candidates will have strong mathematical, analytical and PC skills including spreadsheets, word processing, and Windows. This very hands-on role requires the ability to effectively receive, track and distribute newly provisioned IT related inventory. Reliable transportation is required.
Knowledge and experience in cycle counting or inventory control is required. Occasional forklift operation to move materials will occur, therefore, forklift experience is a plus. Candidates must be able to lift 50 pounds repetitively. The position is mostly M-F, 8am-5pm but will require occasional evening shift and weekend hours for physical inventory activities.
Responsibilities for Inventory Specialist
• Inspect inventory merchandise
• Track incoming and outgoing products
• Provide inventory control reports as required
• Maintain count accuracy (digital and physical counting)
• Updating database with incoming and outgoing products
• Loading and unloading deliveries
• Coordinate the configuration of equipment with technical teams
• Maintain a safety while using equipment and tools
• Dispose of obsolete inventory as directed
Qualifications for Inventory Specialist
• 2 years of experience in an inventory role
• Able to use a computer and other office technology
• Familiar with data entry systems
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds
• Great written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with inventory management applications
• Attention to detail to identify defective products
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications
To apply for this position please visit our website https://jobs.ourcareerpages.com/job/535946?source=TCCSoftwareSolutions&jobFeedCode=TCCSoftwareSolutions&returnURL=https://www.e-tcc.com/
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.