Posted by Kelly Grant, Senior Technical Recruiter
Location: downtown Baltimore MD
Type: Contract, W2 Hourly
Duration: 12 Months, with potential for multiple extensions
TCC is looking for 2 Senior Network Engineers to assist our client with ongoing efforts to improve and enhance their network infrastructure.
This is a 24×7 operation with staff that is required to be available to meet the requirements of operations. The normal onsite hours of operation are from 7am – 7pm. Typical on-call rotation is 24 hours a day for 1 week (7 days), every four to five weeks.
Candidates must have flexibility to work non-standard ours and/or over-time, including evenings, overnight, and weekends, to respond to IT emergency situations, perform planned enhancements, changes, upgrades, and deployments in addition to core business-day hours. Candidates will be required to participate in a rotating emergency on-call schedule, providing non-business hours support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design, test, plan, and implement network changes and new infrastructure. Work with vendors, telecommunications carriers, and network engineering staff. Perform network modeling and capacity planning.
• Troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose complex network problems, analyze outages and/or degradation of service, etc.
• Upgrade network hardware and software components as required. Evaluate the network for performance, scalability, manageability and security improvement opportunities.
• Configure, test, install and support infrastructure hardware and software. This includes, but is not limited to, routers, switches, firewalls, cabling, wireless access points, intrusion detection systems, load balancing, IPSec site-to-site tunnels, remote-access (SSL) VPN, Cisco Internetwork Operating System (IOS/IOS-XE), Cisco ASA OS, Terminal Access Controller Access-Control System (TACACS), RADIUS, Solarwinds Orion, LogRhythm, Aerohive, PaloAlto, Forescout, etc.
• Lead, respond, and mitigate network vulnerabilities in accordance to NIST and IRS Safeguards.
• Develop configuration and implementation instructions for routine deployments and daily tasks.
• Create and maintain network diagrams, project plans, and other documents.
• Assist with planning, deploying, and maintaining branch offices network infrastructure statewide. This will require travel to DHS locations as necessary.
• Cisco Professional level certification such as CCDP, CCNP, or better (such as CCIE, CCDE, and CCAr) within the last 6 years.
• At least five (5) years hands on experience configuring, installing, maintaining, and supporting Cisco networks.
• Experience utilizing various routing protocols such as BGP, EIGRP, and OSPF, and features such as DMVPN.
• At least three (3) years of experience working with/supporting end users.
To apply for this position please visit our website https://jobs.ourcareerpages.com/job/459273?source=TCCSoftwareSolutions&jobFeedCode=TCCSoftwareSolutions&returnURL=https://www.e-tcc.com/
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.